The moment is finally here UFC 244 at Madison Square Garden finally goes down this Saturday. There are so many great fights and all of them are to tough to call so I’ve just highlighted who I think will win each fight but they are all toss ups to me! I do, however, want to focus on 5 fights in particular that I find to be very interesting and exciting match ups.
So, let’s do this thing!
UFC 244 Predictions
Julio Arce (16-3) Vs Hakeem Dawodu (10-1-1)
Lyman Good (20-5) Vs Chance Rencountre (14-3)
Kaitlyn Chookagian (12-2) Vs Jennifer Maia (17-5-1)
Andrei Arlovski (28-18) Vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (8-0)
Brad Tavares (17-5) Vs Edmen Shahbazyan (10-0)
Shane Burgos (12-1) Vs Makwan Amirkhani (15-3)
Corey Anderson (12-4) Vs Johnny Walker (17-3)
Kevin Lee (17-5) Vs Gregor Gillespie (13-0)
Derrick Lewis (21-7) Vs Blagoy Ivanov (16-2)
Stephen Thompson (14-4-1) Vs Vicente Luque (17-6-1)
Kelvin Gastelum (16-4) Vs Darren Till (17-2-1)
Jorge Masvidal (34-13) Vs Nate Diaz (20-11)
My Top 5 Fights to Watch
- The first fight I’m interested in seeing is Julio Arce Vs Hakeem Dawodu. Julio Arce is coming off a highlight reel knock out against Julian Erosa. Arce trains at Tiger Schulmans with a lot of impressive fighters. He’s a very well rounded and promising fighter with unlimited potential. Hakeem Dawodu is also another impressive prospect in his own right. He too is coming from a finish in his last fight against Yoshinorie Horie. Neither fighter holds back in the cage and I can’t wait to see who rises to the occasion. This is a banger of a fight to start the night off!
- The next fight I’m interested in is Jairzinho Rozenstruik against the very savvy veteran Andrei Arlovski. Rozenstruik is a former kick boxer and looks like he is the real deal. He’s had two fights in the UFC so far and won by beautiful destruction both times. In his last fight, he beat Allen Crowder in less than 15 seconds. Andrei Arlovski is definitely Rozenstruik’s toughest test yet. Arlovski has been in the game for years and he’s coming off of a win against Ben Rothwell where he actually looked better than he has in the striking department in years. If Arlovski is smart, which i’m sure a veteran with 20+ fights is, he will look to take this fight to the ground. If Rozenstruik can fight off his take downs he will put Arlovski to sleep and then we will have another Heavyweight prospect to look out for.
watch Rozenstruik’s ridiculous 9 second K.O. below:
- The mysterious Gregor Gillespie finally returns from his year long lay off. Gregor will be standing across the cage from none other than Kevin Lee. What makes this fight stand out to me and makes me so interested is the fact that Kevin Lee went to train with Firas Zahabi and GSP. Gillespie has looked like a future world champion, but he hasn’t fought anyone on Kevin Lee’s level before. Lee needs this win, he’s on a 2 fight losing streak, and if he loses 3 in a row I don’t think he’ll be able to take it. So this is a dangerous fight for Kevin. Gillespie has crazy chain wrestling and hits pretty hard for a wrestler. This fight could easily be one of the fight of the night.
- The fight between Derrick Lewis and Blagoy Ivanov is another one I’m really anticipating. Derrick Lewis has more power in his shots than anyone I’ve ever seen, besides Ngannou of course, the only thing is he moves as slow as a turtle in a snail race. Hes also coming off a ACL surgery thats been hurting him for 4 years supposedly. He last fought in March and lost to Junior Dos Santos so he hasn’t even waited a whole calendar year to return, I hope that doesn’t come back to hurt him. Blagoy Ivanov is actually a really good fighter that not many people talk about. He is on a 2 fight win streak, after dropping his debut to Junior Dos Santos, he has beaten Ben Rothwell and Tai Tuivasa. Ivanov can win this fight and most likely will, but you never know when the black beast can connect. All Derrick Lewis needs is one punch to land flush and it’s good night Irene.
- The final fight, that I’m most excited for, is Darren Till Vs Kelvin Gastelum. Darren Till was a dangerous welterweight who was really hype but he lost to Tyron Woodley while trying to get the belt and then got baptized by Masvidal. Now, Till has moved up to middleweight because the cut at welterweight was way to hard on him, which might also be why his chin couldn’t hold up. Personally, I love Till and wish he would have eased himself back in there but you can’t knock him for calling out the dangerous fighters, and Gastelum is one of the most dangerous middleweights on the roster. Gastelum is coming off a 5 round war with current champion Israel Adesanya. Gastelum himself had trouble at welterweight and had to move up to middleweight. He has really crisp boxing and Till has the tendency to leave his hands low and not defend himself as well as he should. Hopefully Till was focused camp and doesn’t take another canvas nap. I believe in Till and think he is taking the necessary steps to will himself to win this fight. If Till does get knocked out he needs to take some time off and evaluate a gym change.
- UFC Aukland: Felder vs Hooker
- UFC RioRancho: Anderson vs Blachowicz II
- UFC247: Jones vs Reyes Breakdown
- Montel “Quick” Jackson Interview
- UFC Raleigh: Blaydes Vs Dos Santos